We are now one week after the NAB and we can observe there are less news this weeks. But some are still interesting.
This week is not a common week, it is the week of the NAB Show… To go with this event, many news I expose to you.
- Level 3 and Elemental Technologies are partners to stream real-time 4K HD video based on MPEG-DASH. Elemental announced too during the NAB Show : its integration with Ericsson on Ericsson Virtualised Encoding.
- Harmonic signals shift to software-based world with VOS announcement. In the mean time, they announced a partnership with Encoding.com.
- Envivio announced its introduction in the cloud market. They introduce Envivio Muse Encoders and Envivio Halo processors into cloud software.
- During the NAB, there are many news from transcoders, workflows companies about the deployment on the cloud. Dan Rayburn exposes that point in details and explains that the cloud based multiscreen workflows to become a billion dollar market over time.
- John Deutscher, from Azure Media Services, announced the different new features of the platform in his blog : Live streaming preview, Dolby support, encrypted upload and storage, two new datacenters in Japan.
- On the CDN ecosystem, Akamai Cloud workflow are now validated by the MPAA on the security side. They also announced the support of native MPEG-DASH and HDS for live worfklows.
- Adobe announced Primetime 2.0 and Primetime is now supported by Harmonic, Elemental and thePlatform
- Dr Christian Timmerer from bitmovin made during the NAB a talk about the Adaptive media streaming over emerging protocols. It is focused on DASH.
NAB Show is also the time to make acquisition’s announcements :
Some others informations are too available :
One week after TVConnect and 2 before the NAB, here are my news list :
A new week with some interesting news in our ecosystem.
Please note the IBC will be in 4 months now, so some news will coming in few weeks now.
Here is the little list of news or article for this week about the video ecosystem.