- Youtube enables Chromecast support for embedded videos
- Harmonic Inc made a white-paper on Delivering Quality Ultra HD (this paper is a little older, it was out last August)
- Wowza announced his new version of Wowza Media Systems : Wowza Streaming Engine and there are many improvements in it. The official presentation is available on Wowza website. To complete, Streaming Media have out a First look of the new version
- The Economist make a video about TV Everywhere : Vision of the future. They talk about Netflix, Hulu; contents owners etc…
- Allegro DVT, a french company which provides hardware, unveils its hardware HEVC/H265 encoder IP
- Via Jan Ozer blog, I learned Telestream includes x.264 in their Free Episode encoder.
- People from University of Minnesota made a study on Youtube delivery method.
— Romain Cauvin (@strife92) February 12, 2014
- From a tweet by Fabio Sonnati, we learned x265 is now included in Ffmpeg
today FFmpeg and AVconv included x265 lib. Compile with –enable-libx265 to add h265 encoding support. No more need to pipe ffmpeg to x265
— Fabio Sonnati (@sonnati) February 13, 2014
- HEVS is expected to becomes a standard codec. Or we can call this article : the possible battle between VP9 and HEVC.
- Comcast wants to merge with Time Warner Cable for $44 Billons. This was announced this Wednesday. GigaOM just released an analyse of this possible deal.
- Ace a media processing software, announced the release of a software video decoder H265 for ARM Cortex-A and x86 processors.