A new week with some news especially from Streaming Media people.
- A tutorial from Ross Gardler (Microsoft) about how to embedding an adaptive streaming video within your HTML5 application based on MPEG-DASH and dash.js
- Jan Ozer made on Streaming Learning Center a post about his point of view on MPEG-DASH vs HLS. To complete this post, there was a webinar about this subject
- During the last Streaming Media West, there was a panel about Matching Up Streaming Video Metrics With Traditional TV Ad Buys. Streaming Media complete a question asked during this session to answer to : How Measurement and Performance Hold Back Online Advertising
- To deliver contents on Chromecast, you can use MPEG-DASH or Smooth Streaming. Hulu, an US catch-up services, have his own application on Chromecast and use MPEG-DASH to deliver on it. My question is which DRM system are they used ?
- Mingfei Yan, a PM of Windows Azure Media Services, shares with you some useful resources of the cloud platform.
- GPAC, the project which developed MP4Box and DashCast, celebrate 5000th commit and 10 years of open-source software