The CES was done last week, but this week continue with a main informations about HEVC. Here is my selection of news about online video ecosystem
- Robert Reinhardt from Streaming Media made a very good analyse of how to choose a video player.
- Streaming Media begins a series of SuperGuide. The first one talks about Encoding & Transcoding
- After the CES last week in Las Vegas, what is new in UHD/4K and HEVC/H.265 ?
- Jan Ozer give us an overview of Distributing Adaptive to Android: Problems and Solutions
- David Hassoun and Jens Loeffler give us a big overview of Adobe Primetime : Building a Next-Generation Online Video Experience with Adobe Primetime
- Broadpeak, a French CDN company out a white paper about UmbrellaCDN.
— broadpeak (@broadpeak) January 16, 2014
- Yesterday, MPEG-LA announced HEVC licensing.
MPEG LA Announces HEVC Licensing; http://t.co/GP0msEIGZg No content royalties (even PPV/subscrip) but encode/decode annual max quadruples
— Jan Ozer (@janozer) January 16, 2014