There was some news this week, from 4K ecosystem to CDN, here is an overview :
- Wowza makes its Media Server solution on a new cloud platform : Google Engine.
- A report from LRG give us some number about video usage of US customers. 70% of households have DVR, Netflix, or VOD
- But the biggest news of the week is the acquisition of Edgecast (a big CDN) by Verizon for about $400M.
- More than 1.7 billion devices capable of streaming over-the-top (OTT) video from services like Netflix and Hulu are due to be shipped by the end of the year, according to new research by IHS.
- Elemental Technologies demonstrates 4K HEVC Video at 60fps this week in London. The content is delivered on a 84-inc ultra-HD TV.
- Some new features on Chromecast devices especially local and cloud content are now available via Plex media center application.
- The dates for the new EBU Broadthinking in 2014 are out. You can find sessions from 2013 and a special report from Nicolas Weil.