I begin a thread I abandon months ago. Those posts will give an overview of the main news I identify this week.
- Dutch broadcasters (NPO, RTL and SBS) to launch common SVOD portal.
- Earlier this month, some companies meet to find common ground in a long-running feud. But why is everyone still fighting about WebRTC?
- YouTube gearing up for 4K, admits HTML5 flaws. It is a very interesting news about HTML5 current state before the deployment of VP9 by Google.
- HBO landed on Chromecast. It is the first cable programmer to be deployed on the Google’s device.
- BBC Talks Resilient Cloud-Based Broadcast System. The senior technical architect talked about the management of new devices and the usage of cloud based solution to answer to the question.
- As usual, this event will be the time to elect the Streaming Media Awards. Many companies, which I’m talked in this blog, won in one or more categories : Elemental, Adobe, Akamai, Kaltura, Brightcove… The complete list is available on Streaming media website.