There was TV Connect event in London during this week. This was the opportunity to many company make announcements or talk about the video ecosystem.
- Daniel Danker, BBC iPlayer chief, said after the last night’s fun at TV connect Industry Awards : “Connected TV is not showing a growth curve we can be proud of”.
- Jeremy Helfand, from Adobe, said during TV connect : “TV is no longer the device – it is the content“.
- Verimatrix, a content protection specialist, announced add format translation support. The idea is to enable secure translation between incoming streams (from broadcasters or DVD) and corresponding stream formats (for in-home distribution).
- Nativ, an english company specialized in workflow management tools, announced the 18th the availability of his Mio solution as SaaS .
There is too other informations this week:
- Stefan Lederer (@slederer) talked during the Media Web Symposium about Adaptive Streaming using DASH. He gave us some tools to generate content on that format via open source tools.
- Streaming video’s rise draws marketers’ attention
- On cloud side, a big player made announcement this week : Harmonic. ProMedia Carbon MP is in the Amazon Web Services Marketplace
- HEVC is the trending topic in the video encoding ecosystem. Orange announced they deliver HD content based on HEVC for Samsung connected TV devices.
- BBC calls for second screen standards. The idea is to help broadcasters to move forward.
To end with this post, don’t forget the NAB Show in 3 weeks at Las Vegas. During this event, there will be many announcements.